- Put the strawberries into a bowl and sprinkle with 50g of the sugar. Cover with clingfilm and leave to macerate for 1 hour
- Bring the cream and milk to the boil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Mix together the remaining sugar and egg yolks until thoroughly combined
- Tip ⅓ of the milk mixture over the eggs and whisk well then return to the remaining milk in the pan and bring to 83°C stirring continuously with a spatula
- Transfer to a blender and add the strawberries. Blend until a smooth consistency is achieved
- Chill over an ice bath, once the cream mixture is cooled down put the mixture into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.