- Wash the tomatoes and cross them at the bottom. Cut a cross (X) in the bottom of eacht tomato.
- Bring a large pan with water and salt to a boil and add the tomatoes for about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the tomatoes and let them cool. The tomatoes will peel very easily now.
- Put the olive oil and garlic in a skillet and brown the garlic.
- Add the chopped onion and cook until tender.
- Add the peeld and diced tomatoes and cook the tomatoes on a medium heat.
- After a few minutes add the pepper, sugar, oregano and pepper flakes. Then add the basil leaves.
- Continue cooking the sauce until it thickens (+/- 45 minutes). At the end add a drizzle of olive oil.