- Cut the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces, you can season the pieces with salt and pepper.
- In a large, nonstick frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions, leeks, garlic. After 3 minutes add the chicken pieces.
- Saute until the vegetables are translucent and chicken is slightly browned.
- Then add the tomatoes and red bell pepper and continue to saute another 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, tarragon and broth and mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and continue to simmer uncovered until the broth is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 30 to 40 minutes.