- Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F).
- Brush the inside of the cast iron pan (you can also use a piep late) with butter and sprinkle granulated sugar evenly on top.
- Wash and dry the cherries. Pit them all and dry them on a piece of paper towel. Then place into one layer in the prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla and almond extract until smooth. Then add melted butter (cooled) and then stir in.
- Beat in flour until smooth, and finally mix in the milk.
- Immediately pour the batter over the cherries in the pan, and place into preheated oven.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until puffy and golden on the edges.
- Remove from oven and cool for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve lukewarm if possible.